Our first floor toilet had a water trickling sound every few hours. I decided to fix it. I replaced everything inside, and I was pretty proud of myself.
After I did that, though, the chain was getting stuck under the new flapper, causing even more water to run. I tried to adjust the rod attached to the flushing lever, but the whole thing cracked off. I bought a replacement, but the old one was so corroded I couldn't get it to unscrew.
I, once again, ended up calling my dad. He's done most of our repairs for us, especially things at the cottage. And, this summer, he's fixed up every repair I originally thought I might be able to handle myself. So, here we are again!
In the mean time, I rigged a string through the hole of the flushing lever and a clothespin so the string didn't get pulled in too far.
This morning, the twins were asking if they could go to the bathroom. I said, "Yep. Just make sure that the clothes pin is up against the toilet so that the flapper closes.
Luke went to the bathroom and came out and said, "Mom, I don't think we can just flush the toilet with a clothes pin for long. It's embarrassing!"
"I know," I replied, "Opa is coming to fix it tomorrow."
Ally shook her head, full of pride,"Opa is good at everything! He's a good plumber, a good woodworker, a good engineer. He's so smart!"
Totally, Ally! I agree!
![]() | ||
The clothes pin Luke didn't like. I don't understand his issue it was so fancy...
|


No comments:
Post a Comment