"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and discover they were the big things." -Robert Brault

Friday, May 17, 2013

Anna's outfit

Anna was jealous of Ally.  Ally gets to wear the same clothes more than one day in a row.  By clothes, I mean her "princesses," which would be her nightgowns.  I've learned to choose my battles with Ally, and this is not a battle I chose, neither the pajamas in public argument or the wearing dirty clothes argument .  So, unless they are totally crusted with food, she can wear them again, and I just change the shirt underneath.

Anna doesn't think it's fair that she can't wear the same clothes every day.  Choosing my battles again, I told Anna she can wear her clothes as many times as she wants if it's a "stay-home day"; she just can't wear the same clothes to school two days in a row.

This morning Anna was getting dressed in an especially interesting outfit consisting of a patterned shirt with a differently patterned skirt and pants of a third pattern.  She was very proud of this outfit, and she asked, "Is there school tomorrow?"

"Nope," I replied.

"Oh, yeah!" she exclaimed, "I can wear this outfit two days in a row... no three... no four!  Four days in a row!"

"Four?" I asked.

"Yep!" she explained, "Because school won't know I wore it the two days in between."
Anna's victory dance when she realized she could wear her outfit four days.



6 comments:

Wendy said...

That's so sweet and cute! I've learned not to stress over Claire's clothes too. Which is why you may see her in a dress, on backwards, and clashing pants, also on backwards.

Our family said...

With 3 girls, I'd saying not fighting over clothes is a wise choice. :) I love Anna! She has such a fun little spirit.

Diana said...

That is very clever!

Kristal said...

Backwards always looks SO uncomfortable!!!

Kristal said...

It was a sanity-preserving decision! :)

Kristal said...

Oh, yeah. She's "clever" alright! Lol!