Forty minutes later all four kids had their snowsuits on, and, although I hadn't yet combed my hair for the day, I had put on a coat. We headed out the door. I put Ally in a baby carrier on my back, and I carried Luke to the garage and put him in the double jogging stroller. That was the only possible stroller that we could push in the snow.
I told Anna to hop in the stroller. It was too dark to let her walk since our streets don't have sidewalks. Luckily she wanted to ride, but... so did Kate. I began to tell Kate she had to walk, but then I realized if I could make this work, it would be even better. With both girls in the stroller, I wouldn't be walking the pace of a preschooler. I could actually walk. I could actually get the exercise for which I was so desperate!
I did the impossible. Not that getting four kids into their snowsuits and out of the house doesn't deserve that classification, but I managed to wear two baby carriers, one on the front and one on the back. I was so excited. I was going to walk. It would feel so good to get some real exercise!
I got both girls strapped into the stroller and we headed off. We made it exactly one step, and I thought something might be wrong. I took one more and realized I was right. One of the tires was completely flat.
Here's a picture Kate took of me.
No comments on the hat, okay? It was dark; no one was going to see me.
10 comments:
Sorry to hear that! :( I can only imagine how much you wanted to get out and go for a walk.
So did you fix the flat (with 2 babies attached) and go to the park?! :)
It was just so ridiculous that I had to laugh. We played outside for a while instead.
Oh NO! I bet the first thing you guys do now is check every stroller for flat tires and fix them all. I hope you get out tomorrow!
I was in the backyard lurking like a robber while I adjusted our solar christmas lights and I was SO impressed to see you outside with all 4 kids. It sounded like a lot of fun and I considered throwing the boys in snowsuits and letting them come play, but then I wussed out.
What a lovely family you have. I know that your daily routine sounds really hard right now. Would it help if I said to enjoy it? They grow up so quickly.
Ms. Adam, thank you so much for your follow. I'm excited to have another follower, and especially from an actual published author!
I wasn't sure whether your comment was a light hearted reference to Tuesday's post. Either way, I want to say that I know they'll grow up so quicky, and I really try to enjoy every moment. When I take time to reflect, I'm always overwhelmed by the magnitude of my blessings! But, yes, sometimes the day to day stuff seems to get in the way of my appreciation.
Thank you, again, for your follow and your comment!
You. Are. Crazy. I don't have a problem with the hat, but your Rudolph nose ROCKS!!! -MMM
Yes, thank you, Mollie. :p It certainly is not a flattering picture. I'm going to blame the nose... and maybe the double chin...on the bad camera and worse angle, coming from a three-foot-tall munchkin.
This made me chuckle a bit--but I'm sorry you had to go through all the trouble of getting everyone bundled up and then no walk--but playing out side is fun, too :)
Post a Comment